What happend to My s7 edge oreo update?
JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Big Red kinda dropped the ball on this one. My s7 edge should be running Oreo according to the latest update.  But it's not. Refer to the links below for more information.

Verizon promises Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge but does not deliver

Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happend to My s7 edge oreo update?
JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just in  from Android Police...

Verizon's reached out to us with a bit of a mea culpa, explaining that this isn't a matter of the carrier sending out the wrong update, but sharing the wrong changelog:

... we accidentally posted the wrong software benefit notes on the security updates page. As you noted, we did issue a new security patch on 4/1/18 and are currently working to update the benefits page.

Sorry, GS7 fans; you're going to have to keep waiting for your taste of Oreo.

Seriously Verizon ? I'm just supposed to say " oh well... maybe next time??" SMH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

And to make matters worse ... the "Tech Coaches" know absolutely nothing about it.  I just wasted 3 hours troubleshooting my device at their request, and still no Oreo... glad i found this article before I did a factory reset!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

updates are put out by region, not everybody gets it at the same time!!!

0 Likes
JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is true. However my device downloaded the latest update and installed it . According to the release notes on vzw's site. This update "includes Oreo"

0 Likes
JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just in  from Android Police...

Verizon's reached out to us with a bit of a mea culpa, explaining that this isn't a matter of the carrier sending out the wrong update, but sharing the wrong changelog:

... we accidentally posted the wrong software benefit notes on the security updates page. As you noted, we did issue a new security patch on 4/1/18 and are currently working to update the benefits page.

Sorry, GS7 fans; you're going to have to keep waiting for your taste of Oreo.

Seriously Verizon ? I'm just supposed to say " oh well... maybe next time??" SMH

0 Likes