What is causing my volume button not to work?
HAlthoff5806
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and ever since my most recent software update I have noticed my volume button is not working. How can this be fixed?

Thank you!

Heather

0 Likes
Re: What is causing my volume button not to work?
arkitek

I too have noticed my volume is not what it used to be when im on the phone via handset or bluetooth or speaker phone.  VW, please fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HAlthoff5806

I definitely want to make sure your phone is functioning fully for you! I understand this started after the last software update. Does the issue continue if you place the device in Safe Mode? Here's how: http://vz.to/1eW2nsP

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HAlthoff5806
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have placed it in safe mode and the volume does not work. I have also noticed my phone is very warm to the touch when my volume button is not working. Over the last 24hours my button worked for like 8 hours and the phone was very cool. Today without really using the phone my phone is warm and the button is not working again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for that information, arkitek.
Have ample volume is vital for any phone. My concern is that this was noticed after the OS update. I will send a direct message so I can get more information from you in order to advise the Samsung software team.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes