What is visual voice mail and how did I get it on my device?
dm591
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an S6, I suddenly started getting visual voice mail (which is fine but I don't want to pay anything for it).  I didn't sign up for it.

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: visual voice mail
Snn5
Legend

Basic visual voicemail is free.  Premium VVM costs, and adds the ability to transcribe voice to text so that you can read your voicemail.  When the trial is over, dont renew.  Or remove the feature from your account in My Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Basic visual voicemail is free.  Premium VVM costs, and adds the ability to transcribe voice to text so that you can read your voicemail.  When the trial is over, dont renew.  Or remove the feature from your account in My Verizon.

0 Likes
dm591
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah, thank you, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure.  My wife and daughter are both on my plan, both have smartphones, do they have it also for free??  Yes right?

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same phone, you can unsubscribe from Premium VM by clicking the "More" option in the upper right corner of the VM app and make sure you cancel the Premium version. Your phone by default comes with Basic Visual VM which is completely free as Snn5 has mentioned. So much better than having to listen to each VM individually by dialing *86 if you ask me. Smiley Happy

TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, they should have it as well. As long as they are Android smartphones. iPhones have their own Visual VM integrated into the phone by Apple. That's free too....

0 Likes
dm591
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  I just thought it was strange that it started happening on Friday (5/3/15), I've had the phone since the 2nd week in April.  The only reason I even found it was that a friend said he left me a VM and I told him I didn't get it.  Visual VM was installed by default but since I didn't use it I had deleted it from my screens.  No harm done.

Thanks for the answers.

0 Likes