Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What right do you have putting an update on my phone that takes up the space I paid for, So you can put unwanted software on my phone?
ready2changecarrier

What right do you have putting an update on my phone that takes up the space I paid for, So you can put unwanted software on my phone?

You company is acting like a politician try to add crap to a bill that is getting passed.

A software update should have an option to install only security updates and fixes, anything else should be the option of the user.

I would suggest a class action law suit is in order over DT Ignite software.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: What right do you have putting an update on my phone that takes up the space I paid for, So you can put unwanted software on my phone?
Klue

Your advise is incorrect as you cannot uninstall DT Ignite, but you can disable it in application manager.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What right do you have putting an update on my phone that takes up the space I paid for, So you can put unwanted software on my phone?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The update comes with Samsung after receiving technical approval from Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Leader

updates attempt to resolve issues with the phone & something you agreed with when you bought, what sounds like your 1st phone.

0 Likes
ready2changecarrier

So if you buy a car and after you have it for a month does the manufacture have the right to fill your trunk  and require the owner to pay for the trailer he now has to buy to haul what he wants?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The car manufacturer does have the right to issue recall notices for various parts requiring you to bring the vehicle in for repairs. Those repairs are meant to improve the performance and or safety of the vehicle or it could potentially be harmful to the vehicle if it was installed incorrectly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ready2changecarrier

DT Ignite software is not a security patch or a fix.

Look it up.

It is a back door for them to install games and other software on your phone without you even knowing.

Do not compare a software fix to them forcably putting games on my phone without my approval.

Again look up "DT Ignite software" and this is part of the last forced security update.

notarycat

It's true, there is a lot of bloatware on the new phones.  I just disable the stuff I don't use.  I think it's the only option.

0 Likes
Piscestg

I've heard about this......Verizon's way to "backdoor" load more bloat on the phone. I know it doesn't help now, but this is one reason why I've bought my last three phones unlocked from the manufacturer. It takes away the control that Verizon has on the phone that I bought at full price. They provide me great service, but I won't pay for their control of updates and bloatware.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ready2changecarrier wrote:

I would suggest a class action law suit is in order over DT Ignite software.

Good luck with that...

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We never want our customers to feel this way, ready2changecarrier. We at Verizon promise to deliver the digital world to you. Ann154 is correct in her answers as well. You can certainly uninstall DT Ignite on your Samsung if you are not happy with it. http://vz.to/1Y5bmPQ

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes