What to do when Galaxy S8 is locked out because of google account recovery?
Kitty3429

I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S8. When I first received my phone I tried to activate it and it wouldn't let me. I had to call a Verizon representative but fortunately the Rep. Got my issue resolved. A couple of days go by and one morning when I wake up I have a notification that my google password had been changed. With my luck when I went to go figure out what that was about I had completely spaced off my pattern I had set for my security lock. After so many attempts I was told that my phone would be factory reseted pretty much and didn't think it was a big deal so I continued. Once it was done resetting itself completely it said I needed to log in with the previous gmail account it was activated with. I've tried for 3 days to reset my gmail password again and it says it can't verify that I'm the account owner. Is there any way I can have my phone reset completely like wipe the whole phone clean so I can sign on with a different google account?

0 Likes
Re: What to do when Galaxy S8 is locked out because of google account recovery?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance on being able to get into your phone after the reset, Kitty3429. Thanks for reaching out to us here today, we would be more than willing to help you out in a situation like this. Just a couple of clarifying questions first. Are you certain on your Gmail username that you setup with this device? If so, are you just unsure of the password? Google built within the software something call FRP(Factory reset protection). If your phone is lost or stolen, this will prevent individuals from getting within your device. Did you wait 24hours after you reset the Gmail password? If not, you have to wait 24hours after the password reset and then sign in with the new password. If you try to sign in before 24 hours then you will still be locked out. Probably why you reset the password more than once. 

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes