Whatever VZW installed on my SG3 today... messed it up even worse...
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what happened today... but there were some updates to my phone, that I DID NOT ask for... now it is messed up even worse than when the latest version of Android was installed in January.... back to the same old messages about wi-fi not being reliable, battery drain,   Hey VZW... what did you do to my phone today?... and you did not even give me a choice..... and I cannot figure out how to back out of what you did to me.... 

Does anyone know what they may have downloaded and installed on our phones today? 

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Whatever VZW installed on my SG3 today... messed it up even worse...
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well... took the battery out, left it out for about 30 minutes, put it back in, put the charge cord in it... leaving the phone off, left it overnight.... turned it on this morning... seems to be working better at the moment... keeping my fingers crossed... did notice that when it came back up this morning, I had to go through setting up my VZW Network Extender again.... but that worked when finished.... YES... another annoying situation with the SG3... it has really poor signal strength... so when I purchased the SG3 last year, I had to purchase a Network Extender so that I could use my new expensive phone in my home.... my wife's iPhone has wonderful signal strength in our home... but the SG3 is horrible without the Network Extender... just another 'bad' thing about the SG3 that we have all complained about...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Everyone is blaming Verizon Wireless but the real culprit is Samsung. They sent out the updated OS, they make the device.

Verizon sells the phone and pushes out Samsung OS updates.

I would go after Samsung for making that device. Now Verizon Wireless. Verizon did nothing to your phone.

Yeah those iPhone's are great. I love them. own two of the 5s

Good Luck

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Elector... you are soooo correct... but I am assuming that VZW has 'some' control over what is released over their network to the phones they support... but maybe that is a bad assumption... and I am blaming Samsung for the Android FW release they deployed in Dec/Jan... but again, all of the carriers are impacted... and each of them holds some of the blame for the new FW ... as they each did NOT fully do a good beta test on the FW or they would NOT be having all of the complaints that they are receiving now... that's all I am saying... if VZW (and the other carriers) want to maintain a solid customer base, they need to (a) be extremely careful as to what they allow to be distributed and (b) to adequately beta test the release to determine if there are side effects.. as in this case.... and finally (c) keep the users informed of any issues and estimated time for a 'fix'... not too much to ask... IMHO

0 Likes
Not applicable

Absolutely correct.

There is also bloatware added to the devices from the carriers. That may be the other issue.

Only Apple devices don't get the crap ware from the carriers. Other makers of these devices should make the same provision.

Good Luck

0 Likes