When I call out, I don't hear the other end ringing?
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've just noticed that when I make a call out on my S9, I don't hear the normal ringing on the other end that one hears on a phone until the other end answers or the call goes to voice mail. I just hear silence until either the person I'm calling answers, or the call goes to voice mail. I don't see a setting for this, so my question is whether this is normal or not. If it isn't normal, what can I do to fix this? I do like to hear the ringing before the call is answered (or not), reassurance that things are going as they should.

So far I've tried:

1. Restarting my phone.

2. Restarting my phone to "safe" mode.

3. Dismissing all recent apps, including the phone app, and restarting.

4. Wiping the system cache.

I haven't tried resetting network settings or a factory default reset just yet, since I need to find out if this condition is normal first.

Does anyone know if this is normal? And how I might fix it if it isn't?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: When I call out, I don't hear the other end ringing?
RogerSC
Contributor - Level 1

Got the ringing back for outbound calls. Read a little on the internet, and just toggled "Advanced calling" off and back on again, and the ring in my ears is back *smile*. I like that much better than calling into the abyss. Tells me that the call has connected and is progressing.

0 Likes
Re: When I call out, I don't hear the other end ringing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rvortman, we always want your phone settings to work properly.  Were you able to test the steps advised by “RogerSC” yet and if so what was the result?  Is your phone still having this issue?  Does this happen on all calls?

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes