When I start my phone, I get an SMS conversation with 1-234-456-890
skywayman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know why starting my phone creates an SMS conversation with 1-234-456-890, but with no messages in it?  Every time.  Once it started a conversation with my wife... but again with no messages.

0 Likes
Re: When I start my phone, I get an SMS conversation with 1-234-456-890
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear skywayman,

Good afternoon. I find it very strange that your phone is creating a random sms converstation on it's own. I verified this is not a known issue with the device. Does this only happen when you send a text message to your wife?

Have you tried resetting your phone by simply removing the battery then replacing it back to the phone? If this does not help, try http://vz.to/1c0J69x then test your messaging.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
skywayman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have reseated the battery and SIM card.

The issue does not happen when I send messages, only when I start the phone.  Could it be related to one or more apps that has access to the SMS service?

Here is how I reproduced the issue last time.  It does not happen on every occasion:

1) Open "Messaging"

2) Touch Menu --> Delete threads --> Select all --> Delete

3) Reboot the phone.

4) The phone will start and notify me of an unread message.

5) Open "Messaging"

6) There will be one conversation there with the number 1-234-567-890, but with no messages in it.  On one occasion there was also a conversation with my wife, but again with no messages in it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, shywayman. Are you using a 3rd party message application or the stock messaging app? If you have downloaded an app for messaging, please remove it. Then test to see if the issue is persisting. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skywayman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the stock messaging app.  There are no other messaging apps on the phone.

I did a factory reset to fix my notifications problem (https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1005250) and so far the issue has not come back.  I will update you if it does.

0 Likes