Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

The messages all come in under the group chat like they are supposed to eventually. When they are not coming through it will show under the person that sent the text instead of in the group chat but when it finally loads it does come in in the group chat.

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We understand you're using the stock messaging app. Would you happen to know if this problem occurs with any texting app on your phone? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried multiple other texting apps and still experience the issue. I have noticed that this issue goes away when I use the Verizon texting app, but I do not like the Verizon texting app and I also get a different problem with that where sometimes my messages won't send.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dvaness322, I rely on text to communicate, so I know how urgent a resolution is to keep you connected. We are here to assist. Is the cellular data switch always on in the phone? Would you prefer to use the Verizon Messages app, so we can focus on ensuring that the app works properly for you? 

0 Likes
Benbert20

Was there ever an answer to this? I am having the same issue for months now. Nothing seems to work to fix it. Getting very frustrated.

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Benbert20  It seems like the only "solution" to the problem is to use the Verizon messaging app. 

0 Likes
Benbert20

That's no good. That messaging service stinks. I seem to have better luck in certain areas. My mobile data service as a whole has been awful the last few months. Places I used to get good service, now are dead zones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having an issue with messages Benbert20. What messaging app are you using? When did this issue start?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Benbert20, we're sending you a Private Note. TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message to download and will take up to 30 minutes to come through
JBDiGG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this has been answered yet... But no verizon person has been able to help with this for me. 

Here's what I found.

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-legal/

Section 4 limitations.  Verizon can block and throttle messages at their discretion.  This only happens for me when my group mms between friends gets live. Messages are flying back and forth and something on verizon's end picks it up as spam or their network is not as good as they boast and they start throttle my messages.  Hope this helps. We should all complain about this... Cause there is nothing wrong with the phones or the software.

If it doesn't happen on their verizon messages+ app then seems like a pretty despicable move to force people onto their app. "Use ours or get throttled!"

It is verizon throttling their network causing the issue. Case closed.