When are Verizon and Samsung going to be releasing Lollipop (Android 5.0) for the S5?
BobF4

I am anxiously waiting.  I've been reading for the past few weeks that S5 owners in other parts of the world (Poland, the UK, etc.) have been updated to Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop).  When will Verizon and Samsung be making this available in the US?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When are Verizon and Samsung going to be releasing Lollipop (Android 5.0) for the S5?
tailynn1977
Contributor - Level 1

In the USA, Lollipop is the slowest release ever. I was reading a major android forum about it. They said its because of all the issues with some of the firmware vs software and carrier added software that they are testing testing testing. With all the issues that hapopened to motorola droids on the move to kitkat, you could see why Verizon is going slower this time to roll out lollipop to devices that came out awhile before Lollipop. I personally would rather wait and have my phone keep working than to add Lollipop and have the thing brick on me or have all sorts of errors......

View solution in original post

Re: When are Verizon and Samsung going to be releasing Lollipop (Android 5.0) for the S5?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

No official release date yet. Lollipop 5.0 is still shaking out some bug issues.

tailynn1977
Contributor - Level 1

In the USA, Lollipop is the slowest release ever. I was reading a major android forum about it. They said its because of all the issues with some of the firmware vs software and carrier added software that they are testing testing testing. With all the issues that hapopened to motorola droids on the move to kitkat, you could see why Verizon is going slower this time to roll out lollipop to devices that came out awhile before Lollipop. I personally would rather wait and have my phone keep working than to add Lollipop and have the thing brick on me or have all sorts of errors......

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

It will be released after Verizon adds all the bloatware and tests it to see if anything they add breaks it

0 Likes