SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge

Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Samsung has finished it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I heard it could be as early as this month (January) but I'm not holding my breath

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola,  Htc,  LG. And others already got the software update

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All of the manufacturers have the base code. How much resources they have devoted to updating their existing devices and how many changes they have to make to get it to work with their customizations is what delays the release of the updates to their various and numerous devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Simple answer is... When Verizon feels like it! The other 3 already have the update, but Verizon is just being typical Verizon.  Take their time knowing we'll still be here year after year upgrading our phones.

Maybe one day they'll make us feel like we really matter to them..... Maybe

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's true!   That's why Verizon,  lunch unlimited data again because T-mobile is getting better and better.  No shadeVerizon!

tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

More like, they'd rather sell you new phones with the software updates on it, instead of spending money to update the software, certify it and support it when people call. To Verizon, updates are a lose lose for them.

That, until companies like T-mobile start beating them in customer service so bad that Verizon cant just coast on having "the best network". Sooner or later, Verizon is going to have to improve the customer experience or risk hemorrhaging more customers.

LOCPRES64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is slow again . sprint and AT&T have already released Nougat to there customers. Probably should have stayed with AT&T

LOCPRES64
Enthusiast - Level 1

all the other carriers have released this update. well Verizon is last again and again