Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That Pixel you were concerned about the update schedule, they have been getting the update at the same exact time as the devices sold directly from Google. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless. Both the Pixel and the Pixel XL had a update on 2/6/17.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Actually I was saying I avoided the Pixel just because of Verizon's track record of slow updates.  Last I checked my S7 Edge hasn't had a security update since December 2016. Here we are in February 2017, almost March.

Also, explain why Verizon won't allow us to have Samsung Cloud on our phones? Why our Galaxy S6's didn't have Samsung Pay out of the gate like everyone else?  Verizon is SO BUSY controlling what we can and can NOT have that they drag their feet with everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they remove that new Private Folder from the update as well.

So in the end, if you are happy with Verizon then good for you. Just remember you can't ignore the growing group of people who become more and more fed up every year with subpar service when paying such a premium to be here. I myself have few options, I live in an area where Verizon offers best service, otherwise I would've jumped ship years ago.

tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

You act as though Verizon isn't late on updates on a consistent basis. They are almost always last and it's a running joke among Android enthusiasts. Remember when they delayed the updates for the Galaxy Nexus?

My s7 edge hasn't even recieved the monthly security updates that Verizon puts out. I think the last one was December.

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last update was on September 22, and we're almost in March.

PTEC
Enthusiast - Level 1

When 3 out of 4 major carriers have released 7.x their is no logical reason other then to fault carrier not manufacturer. If software bug then one found in additional software by Verizon not found in update delivered to them by Samsung. None sign my paycheck and I have worked as an R&D Engineer so I understand the process. Verizon is typical business story of a company becoming omplacent w market share and think 'they have to stay w us'. I love Verizon but frustrated that we do have to wait so long for long ago stable updates.

donsmith1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can tell by the absolute lack of communication that Verizon isn't concerned with customer satisfaction.They have the update.  They are holding up the update.  I do not know why.  This board is on Verizon.  You know somebody is reading it.  No answer, no reply, no explanation. 

Sears was #1.  now look at them.  Customers will leave.  Other companies will take them.  Customer service is important.

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you have to say?  Verizon Wireless Services

mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am COMPLETELY AGREE with your guys. expect Ann154.

I thinks Ann154 is a hidden Verizon spokesman.

HaHaHa

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung was charging for the Samsung Cloud which would have driven up the retail price of the phone for the Verizon model. Would you be willing to pay $100 more than the AT&T or T-Mobile customers for the same model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mjmjhkgh wrote:

I am COMPLETELY AGREE with your guys. expect Ann154.

I thinks Ann154 is a hidden Verizon spokesman.

HaHaHa

I'm just another customer like yourself. Perhaps a more informed one though.

0 Likes