Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
donsmith1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

Downloaded and installed.  7.0 with Feb 2017 security updates.

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Downloaded about an hour ago.  Everything so far running smooth...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh look, Verizon Wireless wasn't last. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active wasn't updated with the regular version of the S7 and S7 Edge on AT&T over a month ago. It actually received its own update after the Verizon Wireless model. AT&T Galaxy S7 Active is being updated to Android 7.0 Nougat

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe not last but certainly very late compared to their counterparts in the states. Now, when will the 7.2 update get pushed? I am laughing just thinking about it.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the Nougaaaaaat topic, a member has revealed that the update borks WiFi and requires a factory default.

If anyone checking this topic has updated to Nougat, can you share with us how the update process went and how well your S7/S7E is running?

I'm holding off even checking to see if the update is available for my S7E.

tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

I factory reset after every major release, in place os upgrades are never perfect. Performance is great.

--Travis

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for replying Travis! ☺

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

The Marshmallow to Nougat update was the easiest major Android version update I've ever experienced. I had no wifi issues or excessive battery drain issues. The new power saving features of Nougat have made a positive difference for me. I simply updated and went about my business. Couldn't have been smoother.

In the past, yes, after a major update from one version to another I run into issues and wound up doing factory resets but 99%+ of the time the culprit was an app I had installed that was stated to be compatible with the new Android version but really wasn't and/or had a coding flaw.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for commenting Kincaed!

0 Likes
tomg88
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the Samsung community there's over 40 pages of people complaining about the update to 7.0.

Samsung isn't saying a word.

0 Likes