Re: When will I get the Marshmallow update 6.0.1 on my s5
bearone21
Legend

any problems??

0 Likes
micheldavies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!!!from I downloaded the update and turn my brightness down to the lowest there is I started to getting screen flickering problems however when i turn it up pass a certain brightness it stops flickering.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the latest software update is always exciting. We don't have news about when updates are going to be rolled out, but you can keep up to date here: http://vz.to/1PABezY

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Micheldavies, I know you are very happy to have received the new software update. We just need to figure why your screen has started flickering for you to fully enjoy it. We'll figure it out together. Have you downloaded any new applications or do anything different with your phone after the update? Does your screen ever flicker when doing anything else with your phone?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

increase screen brightness until flicker goes away.

0 Likes
micheldavies
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I haven't the only thing I did was update it then the problem showed up

0 Likes
micheldavies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Increasing the brightness works but when I'm in a dark room I find it too bright .......turning up the brightness also helps to reduce battery percentage faster so I don't like doing it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a device functioning at it’s best without the screen acting that way is important, micheldavies. Let me continue to assist you with getting your device working properly. Does your device have any physical or moisture damage? Are you using any 3rd party apps that can control your screen when being used?

EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
micheldavies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope,no physical or moisture damage and I haven't downloaded any 3rd party app to control my brightness

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Micheldavies, thanks for keeping us posted on this and we are not giving up until we get this resolved. Let's continue, please place the device in Safe Mode and test the screen brightness settings for us. http://vz.to/1Fa63p0 Please keep us posted.

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes