Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I'm really hoping for some update to the S5 soon, as I'm having

many of the issues I read about in the forum (battery overheating,

bluetooth disconnecting/reconnecting in my car, etc, etc), and have tried

all the FAQ suggestions. Hoping 5.1.x or Marshmallow will address them.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjbales we certainly understand wanting the software update. We would not hold back any good news, I promise.  If you sign up for the email notification you will definitely be one of the first to know.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bo7274
Enthusiast - Level 1

As usual verizon makes big promises but fails to deliver. You promise the best phones but wont releasr the 5.1.1. Update for us s5 users WHY???    Some of your newer phones already have 6.0.  ARE YOU OWNED BY COMCAST  [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] BECAUSE YOUR CUSTOMER RELATIONS SURE ACT LIKE THEM POOR (IF I COULD GIVE A NEGATIVE RATING I WOULD) I am so glad T-MOBILE put a tower in our area i now can consider gettig rid of you sharks when my contract expires... all we are aski g for is what your competitors have already provided, the difference in this software is a considerable amount.   PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND DO WHAT ADVERTISE AND PROVIDE US EXCELLENT SERVICE CAUSE I AM SURELY PAYING FOR IT.

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

News has it that ths S5 is 7th on the list for Samsung to release the Marshmallow version and that anticipated release date February 2016 earliest.  I get the feeling VZW will skip the 5.1.1 update for S5 and jump right to Android 6 (Marshmallow).  Go figure.  And you know if Samsung is releasing 6 for S5 in February it will be June 2016 before we ever see the light of day from VZW. Shameful.

kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just going to abandon Samsung when I'm eligible to renew in January. Battery drain, Bluetooth dropping during calls is ridiculous. Done with Samsung. Stuck with VZW as it's a company phone....but at least I can pick my own hardware.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ME.Elocin Software updates are intended to enhance your cell phone. Having said that I understand wanting the latest and greatest software. At this time I do not have information to share regarding dates. However, please sign up for our email alerts so you will be notified. http://bit.ly/1j2JFsG
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the standard response from Verizon Wireless. And is why so many of your existing and loyal customers are leaving for other carriers.  You don't keep you customer base informed. 

kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

All being on this email alerts list does is keep you posted on all the other ticked off users tired of waiting for these issues to get resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ME.Elocin, we want you to always have the latest news on software and devices.  To keep you up to date, we have our News Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/. You matter to us and with ever changing technology, this is a great way to see what is next.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received an OTA Download for:

LRX21T.G900VVRU2BOK3

Not much info on what it entails: Samsung Galaxy S 5 Software Update | Verizon Wireless