When will my Samsung Galaxy S5 get the Android 6.0 / marshmallow update to download??? I know that T-Mobile customers are being upgraded.
jclongnecker

Many others with other carriers are getting the marshmallow update.  I know it is released.  When will Verizon make it available to us?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will my Samsung Galaxy S5 get the Android 6.0 / marshmallow update to download??? I know that T-Mobile customers are being upgraded.
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will be here 5/31/16 I got confirmation from Verizon reps yesterday. Get ready for it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When will my Samsung Galaxy S5 get the Android 6.0 / marshmallow update to download??? I know that T-Mobile customers are being upgraded.
josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

Probably by the end of summer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jclongnecker,

We know the importance of having your device up to date. While we do not have any specifics, you may keep track of software updates here:  http://vz.to/1I12gii

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't go to that link, it tells you nothing

evol073
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is always the last one to release updates. They have so much extra [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] in their phones that they have to account for. It will take some time unfortunately but be patient it will come.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

I can't stand this phone or this carrier anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can't have you feeling that way, Lankylegs. What issues are you having? What model device do you have? How can we turn things around?

RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

You can't turn things around. I am just venting till my contract ends.

0 Likes
pbreslin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with VZW for many years... 15 to be exact (your welcome vzw). It would make much more sense to offer your bloatware instead of making it stock. Offer true android OS and stick to being a phone company instead of trying to overlay on the OS. Get us the updates right when google releases them if not shortly after, (7+ months and still counting is not "shortly after"). Many users that understand technology don't care about vz navigator or any of the others, give us the option to install your bloatware when buying and wait forever for new OS releases or no bloatware and faster...much faster OS releases 🙂 . Aside from that the coverage is second to none and the customer service that I have received has always been outstanding!

Brownian_Motion
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been with Verizon for over 20.  I also would like to see NO BLOATWARE.

Lollipop has SECURITY HOLES, and has numerous "quirks" like forgetting the screen brightness if set to manual for one.  Try having this [removed] phone come back up with the screen fully DARK when you are outside.  Works really well.  NOT.  It will also CONTINUALLY set the VoiceMail Icon ON when we are in Canada -OR- when the signal levels are low enough to cause loss of service.  This is VERY IRRITATING because I work inside several large concrete structures, and if the phone loses connection, it sets off the 'information' sound, sets the VM flag, and to find out if I REALLY DO have a VM, I have to go out to somewhere that has enough signal to reset the VM bit and turn it off!!  And NO, VERIZON, I AM NOT  REPEAT  NOT factory resetting my phone 'just one more time' and losing ALL MY WIFI account settings, application settings and a host of other stuff, just to see if that fixes it!!

LOLLIPOP [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !!!  Get on the stick and release Marshmallow!

And to boot, (speaking of boot,) allow us REMOVE the BLOATWARE without having to [removed] the phone!!

And one more BLOATWARE THING:  Quit having this [removed] phone keep trying to INSTALL VERIZON [removed] ON MY PC EVERY TIME I CONNECT IT!  Make it possible to set it to a MEDIA DEVICE instead of an installer PERMANENTLY!

Rant mode off.

As far as CSR experience, it has been generally good, with only an exception or two over the years.

Mostly has to do with them trying to 'snow' me about something I know to be a system quirk or some other technical details that I have obtained directly from Verizon field personnel.  (Being a radio tech has some benefits..)