Where are my photos being stored after taking a picture?
HALFSHAFT

I have noticed recently that when I take a photo with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, I can't find where the photo is stored.  They aren't in "Gallery" and they aren't in "Photos".  Any ideas where they are going?

0 Likes
Re: Where are my photos being stored after taking a picture?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Android OS usually puts the photos taken by the camera in the dcim folder. You can view the phone's internal file structure using a file explorer app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that we locate these photos. What Ann154 said is correct in that the photos should be stored in a folder labeled dcim. Were you able to locate this and the photos as well?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HALFSHAFT

Hmmm.....after some further "research", I discovered this issue is limited to photos taken with flash; whether flash is enabled for all photos or "as needed". Photos taken with flash totally disabled show up as expected in "Photos" and "Gallery" Apps. (Not sure if I am using "Apps" correctly in this case) Again, this issue is something that recently (within the last 4-6 weeks approximately) started.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see. May we ask if any changes were made to the device prior to this beginning such as update? Also, were the photo's found in dcim?

KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HALFSHAFT

At least one update, possibly two. Photos NOT in dcim.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HalfShaft, I want to make sure you can enjoy viewing your photos as they are precious moments. Have you tried resetting the camera application to see if it brings the photos back to the correct folders and gallery as it should show? -> http://spr.ly/65818YLWT

ShirazP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response  answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under  my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.  Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HALFSHAFT

Hmmm...after most recent system update, the issue appears to be resolved.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that everything has been resolved Halfshaft. We are always here if you need us in the future.

ErinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes