Where is the free data for Android Pay?
BadeMillsap

Where is the much touted FREE version of Call Filter for Android Samsung S7? When I see call filter on play store it says not compatible with my device. I contacted Verizon via chat and they "enabled" call filter on my account AND I received a confirmation email indicating a $2.99/month charge for CALL FILTER .  BUT I specifically asked for the free version AND I can't find a compatible app for it anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is the free data for Android Pay?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BadeMillsap,

Call Filter is an awesome feature and one we're excited to offer a free version of. I know spam calls get old fast. The free version of Call Filter is available now for many devices but many Android devices including the S7 have this as a preloaded app so on those devices this can't be downloaded from the Play Store. Updates to preloaded apps are sent over the air and these devices will get the update which includes the free version but that can't be sent to all devices simultaneously. The update which includes that will be rolling out over the next few weeks. You can find full details about this at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ . Does this help?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
BadeMillsap

Yes your reply is helpful.  It would be NICE if Verizon made a more obvious statement that the free app is a staged rollout to some phones.  The national news imples this free app is available now.  Just let folks KNOW when it will actually be made available and for what devices.  For me to get an actual answer about how/when for MY phones (S7 & S8) has been less than a trivial pursuit. But thank you for the answer to my question.

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have signed up for the free call filtering by calling Verizon. However the app on my phone is old and won't work with the free servce. How do I get the newer version of the app? It has been several weeks since verizon said it is rolling out.

0 Likes