Why Do I Get A "Warning Camera Failed" notification?
GEORGE000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 32GB Samsung S7 [purchased 8/17/2016] with a 64GD storage card inserted. Yesterday, when changing the camera operation to selfie (front) camera mode, I immediately received the following error: " WARNING Camera failed.  OK ".

I researched potential fixes and have tried everything I found (listed below) except for a full delete / factory reset. Can anyone offer advice or any other suggestions? I have read that in some cases users have had this error come back even after a full delete / factory reset.

I am highly hesitant to perform the full reset because I am preparing for an extended trip - - - which will require extensive use of my phone (and camera!). And of course the TIME.

The Camera works again after I perform a Force stop and Camera app Cache delete/storage delete. However, when I choose the front camera / selfie mode, I get the error.

Restart > Camera fail error remains

["Smart Stay" is OFF, remains OFF]

Camera App> Force stop, Delete cache / storage cache > Camera works again; selfie mode causes failure

Delete Cache partition, reboot > Camera works again; selfie mode causes failure

Safe Mode: in this mode, same as above, Camera app cache deleted > Camera works again; selfie mode causes failure

Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S7 - "Warning Camera Failed" - front / selfie mode
GEORGE000
Enthusiast - Level 1

the Safe Mode test was already performed (please see last line of my post). A Factory reset / delete did not solve the issue either. : - (

The phone has been returned / terminated / and replacement is already in use [thank you Verizon!]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEORGE000,

Thanks for checking into this with us, GEORGE000. We certainly understand the importance of having a working camera with you on your trip. We don't want you to have to miss out on those memories. What I would recommend starting out with is placing your phone into safe mode and then checking to see if the issue is still present. If it is not, most likely the issue is resulting from a recent app download or update. Here's how you can enter Safe Mode on your phone: http://vz.to/1UvzDiJ Exiting Safe Mode only requires a basic reboot. Please give that a try, and let us know if you have success.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GEORGE000
Enthusiast - Level 1

the Safe Mode test was already performed (please see last line of my post). A Factory reset / delete did not solve the issue either. : - (

The phone has been returned / terminated / and replacement is already in use [thank you Verizon!]

0 Likes
Re: Why Do I Get A "Warning Camera Failed" notification?
Triggertoes

Oh God

I dont want to loose my pictures 

I've spent days trying to choose which to delete

This is horrible 

Camera not working 

0 Likes
Re: Why Do I Get A "Warning Camera Failed" notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to lose your pictures, Triggertoes. Believe me, my pictures are very important to me as well, and we want to help you in the best way possibe. When and how was the last time you backed up your pictures? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes