Sending MMS from my Galaxy S7
zalamero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to send MMS from my Galaxy S7 Edge activated last week, using stock Verizon Messages app (tried Google Messenger and getting the same error).  APN is vzwinternet.  Problem persists with wi-fi on or off.  Can send and receive SMS.  Can receive MMS but not send to multiple phone numbers.  I am getting the "Invalid destination address" error.        

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending MMS from my Galaxy S7
MCOGUY72
Enthusiast - Level 2

After searching these boards for the solution and only finding others with the same problem, I'm happy to post a (if not the) answer. In my case it was a bad sim card.  The tech at the Verizon store nearby went through the motions with tech support on the phone, but in the end once they replaced the sim card and reset the phone, I was finally able to group text and send MMS's. So for everyone else dealing with this annoying issue, just take the phone in to a Verizon store and let them k ow what the problem is. Good luck!

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

are you sending the failed ones to an iphone/apple product??

0 Likes
zalamero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting the error when sending to a group of just Android phones.  It also fails when I send to a mixed group with Android phones and iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zalamero,

You’ve come to the right place, as help is our middle name! I rely on texting more than I do phone calls these days, so I would be lost if I was having issues with my texts. Let’s work together to get this figured out. What happens when you use the stock text app that is not Verizon Messages? Do you receive this error when only sending group messages?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zalamero we want you to be able to use picture messages. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you able to use LTE data on your device? Are you having this trouble with sending to all your contacts or just certain ones?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MCOGUY72
Enthusiast - Level 2

After searching these boards for the solution and only finding others with the same problem, I'm happy to post a (if not the) answer. In my case it was a bad sim card.  The tech at the Verizon store nearby went through the motions with tech support on the phone, but in the end once they replaced the sim card and reset the phone, I was finally able to group text and send MMS's. So for everyone else dealing with this annoying issue, just take the phone in to a Verizon store and let them k ow what the problem is. Good luck!

zalamero
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here - went to a Verizon store, they called tech support, nothing worked, then eventually swapped out the SIM card and everything worked fine after that. 

lovelaughlive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just certain ones

Horribungus

I'm having the same issue. My phone is a Galaxy S7 edge as well. I wonder if there's a problem with this phone's design because my battery is swollen.  Maybe it's damaging the SIM card in addition to splitting the case open negating the water proofing. Time for an upgrade I guess.

I just noticed how old this thread is. Sorry for the necro! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Dana73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same Problem with my Samsung s10.  I can no longer send pictures to my daughter but I can to other people