Why Does My Phone Keep Getting Messages About Network Connection?
MissMonicaJ

I keep getting a message pop up on my phone that says "Cannot connect to network." Any ideas how to stop it? I had it happen on my Galaxy S5, but now I have the S8 and it still happens. The pop up gets in the way of using the keyboard. Any ideas would be helpful!

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My Phone Keep Getting Messages About Network Connection?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a couple of things you can try.  If you have wifi available, try turning off the cellular data and using only the wifi.

If wifi is not available and the signal is weak, then you are seeing the result of that.  A new SIM card may help, but if the signal is not consistently strong enough, even a new SIM won't change that.

A network extender may help to boost a weak signal.

How to improve it depends entirely on the reason why the phone is not getting a good signal in the first place.

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My Phone Keep Getting Messages About Network Connection?
christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello MissMonicaJ,

I would be concerned to if my phone were behaving like this. Is this only occurring at a specific location? Is this happening inside or outside? Do other users experience the same thing when you do?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes