Why Does My s7 Reboot If It's Not Running A Streaming App?
DEBVAV54
Enthusiast - Level 1

My s7 reboots constantly if its not running a streaming app. Talked to Verizon and they suggested going to samsung help desk. This is the 2nd phone in a week that does this. Factory reset with no apps downloaded and it still happens. Any help?

if its not running a streaming app. Talked to Verizon and they suggested going to samsung help desk. This is the 2nd phone in a week that does this. Factory reset with no apps downloaded and it still happens. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My s7 Reboot If It's Not Running A Streaming App?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEBVAV54,

It is certainly alarming that you have had not one but two devices do the same thing. Your S7 should definitely not be doing this. You mentioned after doing  the factory reset that you haven't been re-downloading apps? Have you been entering your Gmail account during set up? How quickly after the reset does the rebooting happen? Have you been getting an error messages?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you got the new phone did you have to do any updates? If you have try clearing the cache partition in recovery mode if that doesn't work try here

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
DEBVAV54
Enthusiast - Level 1

No error messages. If I'm running a streaming app in the background it

doesn't reboot. As soon as the app is turned off the phone reboots every

couple of minutes, even during phone calls.

On May 13, 2017 7:29 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this, Debvav54. Have you attempted to utilize the Repair Assistant that Kathy65793 previously posted?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes