Why Don't I Get Notifications About Voicemail When On WiFi?
torwal83
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Voicemail app (Visual Voicemail which I do NOT have the Premium one) so I can only hear the voicemails not see them... through Verizon was loaded on my Samsung s7 at purchase and it only allows me to hear my voicemails and or receive my alerts when my Verizon Data is on.

When my WiFi is on I do NOT receive my alerts nor my voicemails to hear....why is that?? Can I fix it so I can hear them and get my alerts with my WiFi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my voicemail not come through on my WiFi? It only comes through when using my DATA connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon voicemail application requires a 4G or 3G cellular connection to connect to the Verizon Wireless network and server to retrieve any messages stored there. It won't connect with just a wifi only connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does my voicemail not come through on my WiFi? It only comes through when using my DATA connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon voicemail application requires a 4G or 3G cellular connection to connect to the Verizon Wireless network and server to retrieve any messages stored there. It won't connect with just a wifi only connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes