Why Is Data Being Used While I'm Asleep?
BRISWE16

Data is being used while on wifi and now my data usage has tripled (from less than 1gb to over 3 per month) without me changing any of my habits. Data is being used when I sleep at night, while home on WiFi.  Why? I called customer service, and they said buy a higher plan, seriously, that is your answer, to throw even more money at the MOST expensive mobile provider? After 17 years with Verizon from when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile, I think its time for a change.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data is being used while on wifi & while asleep
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you go, BRISWE16. I know unexpected data use is never a pleasant experience. There are a great many things that can be using your data, and I would be happy to help identify where it's going. Have you checked out our Data Utilization Tool? Here are all of the details: (#1 under Troubleshooting and Data Management) http://spr.ly/6589BhdcT

LeonardL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you go, BRISWE16. I know unexpected data use is never a pleasant experience. There are a great many things that can be using your data, and I would be happy to help identify where it's going. Have you checked out our Data Utilization Tool? Here are all of the details: (#1 under Troubleshooting and Data Management) http://spr.ly/6589BhdcT

LeonardL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you disabled doze for any apps??

0 Likes