Why Is Visual Voicemail Not Working On My Samsung 6 Edge?
blkbearno

Visual voicemail has stopped working. Stop error indicates "Unfortunately, Voice Mail has stopped."  Retail store Rebooted into safe mode, seems to stop but when starting normally, the error starts again.  Problem began after last update 5 days ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: samsung 6 edge visual voicemail stopped working
Lipps_123
Enthusiast - Level 1

A Verizon CSR helped me fix this problem, I have a Galaxy Note 5, but I think the fix should be the same.

Here's what you do:

1. Go to Settings

2. Applications

3. Application Manager

4. Find the "Voice Mail" app on the list, open it

5. Click on "Storage"

6. Click on "Clear Data"

This did a 'reset' on my app and it's now functioning correctly.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

ANUPAR32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same exact issue.  Have you figured out a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your voice mail is encountering some issues after updating your operating system software, blkbearno. Sound like the software update did not install correctly. Please visit this link for steps to run the software repair assistant: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-repair-assistant/?lid=sayt&sayt=samsung%20rep...

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NeilKeyWest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue with me.  Not happy paying for a service I can't use. 

0 Likes
Lipps_123
Enthusiast - Level 1

A Verizon CSR helped me fix this problem, I have a Galaxy Note 5, but I think the fix should be the same.

Here's what you do:

1. Go to Settings

2. Applications

3. Application Manager

4. Find the "Voice Mail" app on the list, open it

5. Click on "Storage"

6. Click on "Clear Data"

This did a 'reset' on my app and it's now functioning correctly.  Hope this helps!

ANUPAR32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lipps, youre the man (or woman)!

Totally fixed the issue.

Now the question is, why did Verizon Wireless customer service try to send me to a software repair assistant via the link above when there was a 2 second fix???

0 Likes
NeilKeyWest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me as well.  Much better than running the fix it app from Verizon.  THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
FLOTRA46

this worked for me for a few minutes and then it goes back to the problem.  It even fails when I don't use any other apps.  the screen goes into rest mode and when I press the button voice mail stops working again. 

0 Likes
dleo57

Clearing the cache in my voicemail app worked on my s21 5g. Settings, apps, voicemail, clear cache...   

Thank you!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes