Why Oreo
Aguimond
Enthusiast - Level 2

This oreo update is awful. My apps now have frames. My settings are all bunched together. Phone buttons are moved around. Software updates should not happen. Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

0 Likes
Re: Why Oreo
bearone21
Legend

some folks that have problems hope the update will help.

updates can change a lot, the last one changed my call ring tone, i reset it back to what i wanted!!

Aguimond
Enthusiast - Level 2

It just seems like these updates do more harm then good. Speaking of while I'm typing this im having terrible problems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Problems after an update are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot your issues. I understand that you've noticed a few features has changed on your device. What other issues are you experiencing with your device?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to make your phone better, not worse, Aguimond. We're concerned to hear that your experience is the opposite. bearone21 was on the right track that some settings can be changed back manually. Here is a link to help with your settings:http://spr.ly/6583Dnsl7 Settings

Please clarify further what you meant by frames.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aguimond
Enthusiast - Level 2

The frames are the white frame around certain icons mostly Google things and my chrome. I have already went through the setting and clicked icons with no frames and nothing changes.

Also I feel the battery life has gotten worse.

My icons during a phone call got moved around. I just don't see the reason for these changes aside to frustrate people.

My husbands LG went through the oreo update on Verizon and it didn't change anything.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are designed to enhance your experience with your phone, I'm sorry to hear you are not in accord with these changes. I understand you have already selected "Icons only" in the Settings, can you power cycle your device and see if this will help the change go into effect? In addition, you had specified your battery performance has diminished, how long did a full charge last for you prior to the update? 

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes