Why Won't My Phone Keypad Work During Calls?
LavondaK

I have an S6 Edge and the last few days on incoming calls when asked to press a number key on dialer, it does not work no matter what I have tried.  I have tried the stock dialer, alternate dialers, wiping cache, factory reset and nothing works...I have searched the internet and see this is a problem, but nothing anyone has suggested works.  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Why Won't My Phone Keypad Work During Calls?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What have you tried that didn't work?  Changing settings on DTMF tones?

DTMF - Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
LavondaK

I have set the DTMF to long, it didn't work.  I have tried another alternate dialer and that didn't work.  I tried wiping the partition cache, it didn't work.  I tried factory resetting my phone and that didn't work.  I tried going in and debugging and that did not work.  I tried everything to make it work that I could find on the internet, including cleaning cache and data in Dialer Storage.  Nothing has worked.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

On my phone (a Pixel) I have an option for turning the dialpad tones on or off - It's on the Samsung as well.  Tap the phone, then More on the top right of the screen, then settings. Scroll to Keypad sounds and you can turn them on or off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. Are you still having issues with your Keypad? If so, when did you first noticed this occurring? Is your device on the most recent software available?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LavondaK

Yes still having issue.  It started within a few days of purchasing the phone and yes I have the latest software downloaded.  The Android Version is 6.0.1 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated, LavondaK. It’s odd to experience an issue such as this within a few days of purchasing the device. Let’s see if we can uncover the root cause of the phone keypad together. We have sent you a private message so we can gather some information from you to proceed. If you can reply with the requested info then we can perform some advanced troubleshooting steps.We're looking forward to hearing from you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ripperus
Enthusiast - Level 1

This answer does not help the community... At all...

0 Likes