Why am I suddenly getting so many ads? And with sound even when my phone is on vibrate?
jjboulus

For the last couple weeks an ad will randomly pop up several times a day, with sound even while on vibrate. I had to put my phone in do not disturb mode to avoid the sound.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I suddenly getting so many ads? And with sound even when my phone is on vibrate?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this, jjboulus. Ads can certainly be a nuisance. To ensure we get to the root of the issue, I do have a few questions.  What is the ad about? What prompts the ad to appear? (randomly, after use of a specific app, 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why am I suddenly getting so many ads? And with sound even when my phone is on vibrate?
jjboulus

I tracked this for a few days. Since I saw your response I've had three different ads but multiple times. There are from Peel Remote, LA Weight Loss and LogMeIn (this one has been showing up almost every time I swipe today). These appear for the most part as soon as I swipe my phone to get into it.

0 Likes
jjboulus

I tracked this for a few days. Since I saw your response I've had three different ads but multiple times. There are from Peel Remote, LA Weight Loss and LogMeIn (this one has been showing up almost every time I swipe today). These appear for the most part as soon as I swipe my phone to get into it.

Today I got 2 ads telling me I have a virus that I got from going to an adult website and my phone is going to blow-up unless I download some app from the Google Play Store and clean my phone. I don't visit any "adult" websites so that seemed like phishing to me

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you install any new apps before this started?

I was having problems with my phone from the weather app.The browser would open up to give the radar and it would just go to another site that told me to say ok. Of course I didn't but what I did do was go to the play store and I got Norton antivirus. It did a complete check of my phone and there were certain things in

the phone and it cleared them out. I setup the program and let it check a bunch of other things on my phone and let it run for about a week then disable it. The phone seems to be fine now with no more popups or hijacking my browser.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjboulus,

We appreciate the update with the advertisements you have been seeing pop up on your device. I know how much it bothers me when I get these pop-ups on my device. Little did I know, it was related to one of my applications. So, I'd like to have you try something for me.

To ensure your device is running at its optimum performance, let's have you run a health check. Doing this will let you know of any troublesome applications that could be causing these pop-ups. This is free within the My Verizon application. Here are the steps once you are in the My Verizon app on how to complete a health check.
http://spr.ly/6584Dkjcn. You can also set the application up to run this feature automatically as you please. The instructions to do this are within the same link.

Once this has all been done, please reach out and let us know the update.

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes