Re: Why are my calendar event notifications dismissing automatically even if I don't dismiss them? This didn't happen prior to the Nougat update.
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

To be clear, the Samsung pay issue is not the point of this thread.  I was just helping someone out with an unrelated question.

The issue is notifications disappearing after one hour after the appointment time on my S7 Edge with the stock calendar once it was upgraded to nougat.

Nougat version 7.0

Calendar app version  4.0.06-356

Look forward to the Samsung moderators reponse.

BJBBJB

0 Likes
Re: Why are my calendar event notifications dismissing automatically even if I don't dismiss them? This didn't happen prior to the Nougat update.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BJBBJB wrote:

To be clear, the Samsung pay issue is not the point of this thread. I was just helping someone out with an unrelated question.

The issue is notifications disappearing after one hour after the appointment time on my S7 Edge with the stock calendar once it was upgraded to nougat.

Nougat version 7.0

Calendar app version 4.0.06-356

Look forward to the Samsung moderators reponse.

BJBBJB

There are no Samsung moderators on this site. Where are you expecting a response from them?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been reported on other forums.....I hardly thought that with the huge number of nougat S7 (and it does it on S8's too) users that no one noticed or reported it?

Perhaps verizon has some pull as a large verizon customer to escalate this?  Not certain EVERY android phone is doing this.  Just know verizon S7s and S8s do it.

BJBBJB

0 Likes
illini4life
Enthusiast - Level 3

that's absurd that this "is not a known issue." i have posted links to the other forums which clearly outline this exact issue. i have even called verizon about this and i was told the same thing. it's interesting that no one from verizon is responding to my posts on this thread anymore, but they are acknowledging the others.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly provide you with a contact for Samsung Support. However, are you a Verizon Wireless customer? Is there something we can help you with? The number for Samsung is 888-987-4357.

DoloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon support,

I have 4 phones with this issue.  I assume Verizon 9n support has contacts at Samsung.  Could Verizon possibly research this issue and report back to this Forum? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

BJBBJB

illini4life
Enthusiast - Level 3

BJBBJB wrote:

There are two different issues being confused here. The issue of notifications keeping your screen LIT is related to samsung pay. I uninstalled it or deleted my cards ...not sure which fixed....and that issue stopped. There are many tweaks tried by people that just had to have samsung pay work but I just got rid of it.

The issue of calendar notifications disappearing after an hour after the event even without the user acknowledging it is a different issue and introduced with nougat on S7s and S8s for sure,. Further, just making sure calendar is turned on under notifications is not a fix.... This issue needs to be resolved.

BJBBJB

BJBBJB​, I was following your advice and others to disable the "favorites" for Samsung pay as a temporary work around. It appears the new release of Samsung Pay 2.7.11 may have fixed the issue of the screen continually turning on and staying lit (Re: Calendar notifications - Page 6 - Samsung Community - 98670 ). I am still in agreement with you that Verizon/Samsung/Google still have a huge issue with the notifications disappearing automatically.

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

illini4life​, help has arrived. I want to make sure that we can get your calendar event notifications working properly. I will go ahead and send you a Direct Message to take a closer look at your device to help get a resolution for everyone.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
STESUC6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a very similar problem on Galaxy S6 since the Nougat update. Notifications do not load for my calendar, Facebook, or text messages. When I set a timer, the alarm never sounds. I've been on the phone with support about this but haven't been given a helpful answer. I've tried repairing my phone using the Verizon software upgrade assistant tool. It didn't work.  I've tried (twice now in the last few days) doing a factory reset on the phone. Since the factory rest, I've not installed any apps that did not come with the phone and it is still having issues providing me with notifications. Previous to this nougat update, there were no such issues on this phone. I rely heavily on my calendar notifications. Need a fix for ASAP.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stesuc6, I am sorry to learn that you are having so many issues with your phone. I also depend on my notifications and will help you with yours.  I just sent you a private message so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the? Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes