Why are people getting multiple text messages?
XSAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I started to get reports from certain friends with iPhones that they were getting the same text message 3 times. It is not all iPhone users and the carrier varies. My phone shows only one message sent. I have a Samsun Galaxy S7.

Anyone got any hints as to what's up?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3 text messages sent
XSAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

No additional questions.

I switched to using the Samsung Messages app for texting and the duplicates stopped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us XSAM. We want to ensure we get this issue resolved for you. Let's get started. Are all of your applications up to date? You should also try to clear the cache and data of the stock messaging app then check if the issue disappears.

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAMBLA89

Not helpful

0 Likes
XSAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried clearing the cache. resetting the sim card. nothing seem to fix it. I have a ticket open with verizon tech support. hopefully they'll find the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you were able to open up a ticket with us XSam. I am confident they will be able to resolve this for you. Did you have any additional questions for me?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
XSAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

No additional questions.

I switched to using the Samsung Messages app for texting and the duplicates stopped.

0 Likes