Why can't I activate mobile hotspot on the new unlimited plan?
HDavidL
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son added an S8 to our family's new unlimited plan.  When swiping the mobile hotspot slider to on, it says it needs a subscription and to learn more at my verizon.  He logged in, and later I logged in as owner, and can not find anyway to add mobile hotspot.  Its supposed to be free with the plan.  My iPad tethers fine.  Any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't activate mobile hotspot on new unlimited plan
HDavidL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

I was able to get help via the Facebook Messenger assistance and they were able to solve the problem. Said they removed a block. I would have updated the discussion thread, but couldn't find a way to open anything that would let me type. Guess its an iPad issue. But my main problem with my son's phone has been solved. BTW, I got an error when I opened that link (was just curious).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HDavidL,

Our Mobile Hotspot is a great way to connect on the go. We'll get this. Let's have him try these steps: http://spr.ly/65898iVeL What happens?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HDavidL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

I was able to get help via the Facebook Messenger assistance and they were able to solve the problem. Said they removed a block. I would have updated the discussion thread, but couldn't find a way to open anything that would let me type. Guess its an iPad issue. But my main problem with my son's phone has been solved. BTW, I got an error when I opened that link (was just curious).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HDavidL, we appreciate the update on this matter. We are ecstatic to hear that your son’s device issue has been resolved. We are also terribly sorry about the link that was provided. We will be sure to make sure the resource is updated properly.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response  answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under  my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.  Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes