Why can't I direct bill Google Music?
6speed8
Enthusiast - Level 3

The same thing happened a few months back when my Note 4 was replaced under warranty. Google Play music worked fine until it came time to bill. Then I get the "account ineligible" message. I called Google and they straightened it out. I deleted my phone number as a billing choice, then re added it on the play store. Got my S8+ 3 weeks ago. Last weekend I got the "account ineligible" message again. Three calls to Google and Verizon have not rectified it. I deleted Music. Deleted my phone number as a billing choice. Cleared casche and data for Google Play Store, Google Play Services. Removed the SIM card. Restarted the phone. Made sure it's on network. Cancelled the subscription and deleted the Music app. Reinstalled it. I still cannot add my phone number as a billing choice. I continue to get the same "account ineligible" message.  "Your account isn't eligible for mobile payment services. Call your mobile provider. [OR-IMSA-34]."  Google continues to tell me it's a Verizon issue and Verizon continues to tell me that there are no issues billing to my account and it's a Google issue. I have been a Verizon customer in good standing since 2004 and subscribing to Play Music for over a year.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't direct bill Google Music since I got my S8+
6speed8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved. A lovely Verizon tech named Bethany spent a total of 56 minutes on the phone with me between listening to the problem, staying on the line with me while I conference'd in Google Customer Service, and eventually found the fix. After ending the call with Google, Bethany decided to check one other source - something to do with the actual direct billing. When she came back on the line, she instructed me to open the My Verizon app, log in and check My Profile. Under My Profile, my email was blank. I added the email and retried to subscribe to Google Play Music with her on the line. SUCCESS !! I learned that Google basically pings your Verizon account to verify information. Since my gmail address was not on my account, Google sees that as 'invalid information" and rejects the direct billing. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't direct bill Google Music since I got my S8+
6speed8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved. A lovely Verizon tech named Bethany spent a total of 56 minutes on the phone with me between listening to the problem, staying on the line with me while I conference'd in Google Customer Service, and eventually found the fix. After ending the call with Google, Bethany decided to check one other source - something to do with the actual direct billing. When she came back on the line, she instructed me to open the My Verizon app, log in and check My Profile. Under My Profile, my email was blank. I added the email and retried to subscribe to Google Play Music with her on the line. SUCCESS !! I learned that Google basically pings your Verizon account to verify information. Since my gmail address was not on my account, Google sees that as 'invalid information" and rejects the direct billing. 

0 Likes