Why can't I use Video Calling?
KingJHarris

Im trying to figure out why I cant video call from my Samsung edge 7. When I'm on a voice call I can see the option available, however it says the other phone cant receive the call, however both phones is a Samsung edge 7 and they both are prepared to take video calls. Is this happening to anyone else? Do the Samsung edge 7 really not support video calling as it was advertised before I received the phone? Please give feedback.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video Calling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both have to be connected to the same network. HD Voice for Android FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both phones need to support it, I believe.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

KingJHarris

Do both phones have to be by the same phone carrier? (Ex. Verizon to Verizon, T mobile to T mobile)  Is that what your saying? Because I have a samsung edge 7 with Verizon and my girl friend has a Samsung edge 7 with T mobile but we can't video call each other.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both have to be connected to the same network. HD Voice for Android FAQs | Verizon Wireless

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Skype?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I use Video Calling?
mwilliams0408

I am having the same issue too. I have a S9+ and my husband has a Note 8 and we are both on verizon yet we are having trouble video chatting

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I use Video Calling?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mwilliams0408,

I know being able to use your video chat is important. I use it all the time and it's really nice to have. I will be happy to help you out. Please tell me a little more information. What platform are you using to video chat? Are the people you are trying to video chat with have the same Galaxy phone? What steps and what happens when you try to video chat? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes