Why can't the people I call hear me
allgoodm

When I make or receive calls, quite often, people can not hear me. I can hear them just fine. This started happening a few months ago with my Samsung Galaxy S7. That phone was pushing 5 years old and was having other issues, such as charging and battery life, so I upgraded a week ago to the Galaxy S21 G5. I still have this happening! So I'm fairly convinced it is NOT the phone. I sometimes use Jabra Elite 75t ear buds. It happens with these as well as without. 

I've also tried Wi-Fi calling and it happens when that is enabled as well. 

I can call my self with Google Voice, both ways, and the audio seems fine. 

I need help resolving this issue.

The S21 is brand new. Took it out of the box and set it up on Monday I think. There have been no instance of damage from water or other substances or impacts. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't the people I call hear me
allgoodm

One more piece of info.

One other note. I do have a cell booster that I've used for about 3 years. I seem to have OK signal when connecting through the booster (2 to 3 bars). I have almost no signal (typically 1 bar at best) when connecting directly to the tower. The bars are all 4G reference. 

With the booster off and connecting directly to the tower, I do experience the cutout when I make a call to my Google Voice number. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

allgoodm, making sure the other caller can hear you on the phone is a must. We'd love to help look into this issue right away, and help find a lasting solution.

Please tell us, what is your zip code? Does this happen both indoors and outdoors? Also, what signal does your device display when you experience these issues? To clarify, are data and texting services working fine?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
allgoodm

Yes, indoors and out.

Data seems OK.

Texting seems to take quite a while to receive messages. I've noticed, during 2 factor authentication processes, that if I send myself a text message it seems to pull in the slow to receive messages. This could just be timing, but it does seem to help quite often.

I also seem to have app issues and I've been tinkering with various settings. I think what is happening, since it has happened on the old and the new phones and I transferred the old phone config to this one, is that there is an app somewhere that is high-jacking my mic, or some other aspect of the phone needed for calls. I have noticed that if I go through and force running apps to close, calls seem to have much better success. I had also noticed that this phone seemed to re-install apps I had removed, so I change the config on almost ever app to remove their ability to alter system settings. 

I don't know why the phone would re-install apps I had removed (e.g. facebook, yahoo mail, etc...), but this is extremely irritating! There are other apps I'd like to get rid of (all things Bixby) if I were able to. All in all, I am not happy with this upgrade or the way the phone seems to have a mind of its own.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the details, with the new smartphone it can certainly seem like they have a mind of their own. You are correct to think that one application can be causing this. Let's dig a little deeper. Have you attempted to complete a power cycle with Safe Mode or a factory reset?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Japhoenix

allgood

I am new with my Samsung Galaxy S9 I got off Amazon.com. I cannot activate this phone from home at all, and am going to a different city tomorrow to try to get it activated where I know there's good reception. What gets me is nobody is willing to admit that some areas cannot get good reception from home, which for me is the most important. So, I decided I would trade this S9 in for a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G from Verizon. I still cannot get a guarantee it will get good reception where I live, and what they are going to do is give me a good promotional discount and pay for 24 months a small amount. That's affordable, (barely). They seem to feel like I cannot go wrong with a good Verizon phone like the new S21 will be. But, I have been trying for about two weeks to get a phone going in my area. I even changed services to Verizon in hopes it would work better. I just need hope! Thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Japhoenix, we always want to make sure that you can use your phone without issues. So we can work on this, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes