Why cant I transfer pictures from my Galaxy S7 to my computer?
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent the better part of today trying to find a way to transfer pictures from my Galaxy S7 Edge to my computer (including a visit to the Verizon store). The customer support person "unlocked" my phone, but it still didn't work. I recently updated to Windows 10 but I don't think this is the issue. It is probably some setting on the phone. Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot transfer pictures from Galaxy S7 to computer
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

EricW - I finally got the transfer to work! There was an alert on my phone saying "Connected as a media device. Touch for other options" (not sure why this was not visible before). When I tapped the message, one of the options was "Transferring media files". It worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you using the usb cable supplied with the phone??

0 Likes
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never had a transfer issue with my Galaxy S5. Pictures transferred easily with no issues.

0 Likes
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have so many I'm not sure. I will switch this one out and see if it makes a difference.

0 Likes
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just inserted the original cable supplied with the phone. It still does not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grammymarie,

Congratulations on getting your new device. I hope you're liking it. Sorry to hear about the difficulty with the transfer. We'll be happy to offer tips and solutions for you. We'll need to know a bit more before we can do that, though. Please describe the method you are attempting to use and what step of the process you reach before there's a problem. Please describe the problem as it occurs and please also be sure to include any error messages you encounter.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you install the drivers from Samsung website? Or installed smart switch on your computer?

0 Likes
Grammymarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

EricW - I finally got the transfer to work! There was an alert on my phone saying "Connected as a media device. Touch for other options" (not sure why this was not visible before). When I tapped the message, one of the options was "Transferring media files". It worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grammymarie,

Great! I'm glad to hear you got that up and running! Let us know if we can ever offer support in the future. Have a great night!

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes