Why did I get a "Ready to activate" notification when I've had my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone for over a year?
KauaiDaze

Yesterday, this notification appeared on my phone: "Ready to activate? Call (877) 807-4646 from another phone..." I've had my Samsung Galaxy S5 for over a year.  I've made no new changes to the phone or the account.  Why did I get this notice and how do I get rid of it?  Is this a known Verizon Wireless number? With all the scams out there, I'm a little afraid to just call it...

0 Likes
Re: Why did I get a "Ready to activate" notification when I've had my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone for over a year?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, that's a known VzW number for activating service (or at least it used to be; I'm not sure if it's still in use or not).  SIM cards can become corrupted; have you tried turning off the phone and removing the SIM card briefly?  If that doesn't help, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service.

Remove SIM Card - Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: Why did I get a "Ready to activate" notification when I've had my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone for over a year?
dbhewitt63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Known SCAM. VzW confirmed SCAM. Do NOT respond.