Why did the latest update for the S8 do away with the text message pop up that was unique to ths S8?
Pimpmaneaton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now when a new text message is received get the normal heads up display. But the previous one was better and had a nice animation to it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did the latest update for the S8 do away with the text message pop up that was unique to ths S8?
Pimpmaneaton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind, I just found out that the popup I'm referring to does indeed work when edge lighting is turned on and Samsung Message is set to use edge lighting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why did the latest update for the S8 do away with the text message pop up that was unique to ths S8?
JOEK1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did?  Haven't received a text yesterday  when I got the phone.. and when I woke up this morning I had an update so guess I wouldn't know lol...... what was it like?

0 Likes
Pimpmaneaton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tim in this video shows it off and he is also using a Verizon variant so proof it was there as well. Go to 3:40 into the video.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Impressions After 48 Hours! - YouTube

0 Likes
Pimpmaneaton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind, I just found out that the popup I'm referring to does indeed work when edge lighting is turned on and Samsung Message is set to use edge lighting.

0 Likes
JOEK1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's edge lighting lol

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes