Why did vibrate stop working half the time in power saver mode?
Zak02199

After the 5.1.1 upgrade on my S6 Edge, vibrate has stopped working for the alarm and messaging apps when in Power Saving mode. It still works for calls and Gmail, and will work if I turn off Power Saving mode. This is neither documented nor desirable behavior. How do I re-enable vibrate while maintaining Power Saving mode?

0 Likes
Re: Why did vibrate stop working half the time in power saver mode?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Zak02199,

Having your phone being able to vibrate is definitely an important feature to have. The vibration feature will be limited when on Power Saving Mode. When you go to turn on/off Power Saving Mode an alert pops up: "Save power by limiting the maximum CPU performance, reducing screen brightness & frame rate, turning off the touch key light, turning off Vibration feedback, & reducing the time before the screen is turned off when notifications are received." The vibration feature does use up quite a bit of battery. The only thing to check is once you are in Power Saving Mode, if it allows you to go under Settings->Sounds & Notifications->Vibrations to see if you may turn Vibration feedback on.

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why did vibrate stop working half the time in power saver mode?
Zak02199

When I have Power Saving mode on, and Vibrations on, I still don't get notifications for messages or alarms, but I do get them for phone and Gmail. This is unacceptable.

I would like to point out that neither text message vibrations nor alarm vibrations are included in that list of things disabled in power saving mode. This began with the 5.1.1 update. You have a bug in your software that needs to be addressed.

0 Likes