Why didn't i received the national emergency alert?
AMYMOO58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did not get the Presidential alert today on my S7 edge.   This should go off regardless of settings.   I had plenty of signal and while everyone's phone went off around me,  mine was silent. What gives?

0 Likes
Re: Why didn't i received the national emergency alert?
mama23dogs
Legend

Read the section in bold and following paragraph

The IPAWS National Test | FEMA.gov

It’s not carrier related, a few on ATT (with S7s....hmmmm) report no alert.

Hope you lived vicariously and didn’t feel too left out. 

rcschnoor
Legend

One possible explanation is shown below

Presidential Alerts: FEMA explains why you did not get one

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another way to have avoided the test was to place the phone in Airplane mode for a while.

Based on the OP's description I would guess the active data section is a possible explanation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

"active data section"??

i received the alert on 3 older phones that are wi-fi only, 2-ios, 1 android.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

"active data section"??

i received the alert on 3 older phones that are wi-fi only, 2-ios, 1 android.

I was only reusing the same words used in the article posted earlier. That is interesting though for inactive devices got the message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

People who were convince it was a personalmissive from the POTUS turned their phone off, the alert came up as soon as the phones turned on. 

Dont understand exactly how it works, but ideally, the alert should be impossible to avoid on any cellular connected phone.

bearone21

How is that possible?  alert went out over cellular networks. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMYMOO58, if you didn’t receive the alert, you can let FEMA know by emailing FEMA-National-Test@fema.dhs.gov. Please include your cell phone provider, model, and whether you were indoors or outdoors, stationary or moving, and in a rural or urban setting.

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes