Why do i only have one bar signal on my s8 plus?
brilpitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my galaxy s8 plus for less then a week with verizon and the signal is horrible at my house, my friend came over and has sprint and he has 4 bars. My last phone with verizon had the same poor signal but I dealt with it by not using my phone at home. I'm seriously thinking about returning this phone before the 14 day return date is up and going with sprint. Does anyone have a resolve, I'm not getting anywhere with verizon support

0 Likes
Re: Why do i only have one bar signal on my s8 plus?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brilpitch, losing one of our Verizon family members is never something that I want to happen. You've come to the right place to get the signal issues in your home looked at. I have sent a private message to your inbox. When you have a chance, please take a look and respond. I look forward to working with you soon.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brilpitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for offering to assist me in this matter.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you soon. (I only have until Friday 8-4-17 to resolve this issue or return my phone)

Thank you,

Brian [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

If you have good wireless internet at home using the WIFI calling services would help with service there, but besides that as a supplemental option if you're in an area where the Verizon signal isn't strong that would be the fastest option, vs waiting for potential network expansions/upgrades.

It's always a good idea to choose the carrier that has the best services for where you would usually use it or travel to, since all carriers individually have their own strong/weak/no service areas. If you do speak with technical support they can also submit a network ticket for your area and let you know if they have any imminent improvements planned for your area also.

0 Likes
SNICOLE1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having problems with signal for about 9mos ( I lost count lol). After many trouble shoot steps, and 4 replacement phones because of other issues. I was told it was my Droid turbo 2 that was the issue. So I was told i neeeded a new phone. Here i am with S8 and guess what?? Same issues   !! I have had a network ticket done as well i was told basically my only option is to use Wi-Fi calling, or get a network extender which was going to cost me 250.00! Nope not a option for me because I don't have money like that when I just got a new phone in April that I had to dish out money for. Here we are 3 months later talking about more money.  So I definitely understand the signal frustration..

0 Likes