Re: Poor outgoing voice - fades in and out
Snn5
Legend

Hope that works.

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. I got and activated a new sim card.  No improvement. What next?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the network settings - it should be set to LTE/CDMA

Is Advanced Calling activated?  If it si, try turning it off.

Is Bluetooth activated, even if not connected to anything?  Try turning bluetooth off.

It may be an app causing the interference, though which one, I have no clue.  I know others on this forum have found that by disabling certain apps (they didn't say which ones) the problem resolved.

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was set to GLOBAL and I switched it to LTE/CDMA.  This change did not seem to make a difference. Outgoing voice is still dropping in and out.  Advanced Calling was disabled when the problem first appeared.  I turned the feature on and it made no difference.

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bluetooth has been off all along.  I also tried disabling Wi-Fi.   I had the problem on my old phone after I did a factory reset and on my replacement phone before loading any new apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobLloyd, we don’t want to give up. We want her phone to work the way that it should for her. Since this issue started has she tested making calls on Speaker phone? This will help confirm if this is an audio issue with the phone or something deeper that we need to look into more. Please keep us posted on the results.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Speakerphone has the same problem. I also tried the voice recorder app.  That works perfectly so it's not a microphone problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BobLloyd

Thanks for keeping us posted with all of the troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far!  Let’s take a closer look.  You mentioned this is only happening with your wife’s Galaxy S 5 device at this location.  Are there any other Galaxy S 5 devices used at this location or are they different model devices?  What is her device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/1LeGnei?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

The build number is LRX21T.G900VVRU2BOG5.  We have an iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and a Galaxy S4 in the household in addition to the misbehaving S5.  We don't have this problem on these other phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobLloyd,

Having a working phone for your wife is so important. We appreciate you working with us and being so patient. Let’s get this fixed for you. One last question, is there a case or screen protector on her phone that could be interfering? Any other changes made or damage? If not, then we need to look in to replacement options?  Please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611 from any of your other phones.

JenelleR_VZW