Why does my Native Music App Skips Randomly?
Queenchannie

I have an S6 Edge 128GB - just upgraded Sept 22nd.  When I use the native music player, the music will skip several seconds - as if it is being paused.  I thought it might be whenever I receive a notification, but I put it on Do Not Disturb and get the same issue.  Any solutions/suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Native Music App Skips Randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your listening experience to be seamless. Are you listening to music that you have downloaded or streaming? Are you on 4G or WiFi? Have you tested on each network?

Allison C_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Queenchannie

I'm listening to music that I have downloaded not streaming.  I'm usually connected 4G, but its weak because of the building I'm in.  But I didn't think that mattered with downloaded music.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you do not have to worry about "anti-skip" protection like back in the day with CD's! Are you using a wired headset or Bluetooth? Are you using other apps or tasks when this occurs? Try closing running applications via the Task Manager after press and hold of the Application Manager button on bottom left.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Queenchannie

I'm using Bluetooth, but I have switched to a wired headset and have the same problem.  Because it's my main phone, I almost always have something running in the background - facebook, twitter, etc. . so that I can receive my notifications.  I have tried switching to airplane mode, and still have the same problem.  Now my phone just randomly restarts itself - sometimes in the middle of a call. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you always stay connected. How long have you been experiencing this issue for?
KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes