Why does my Samsung S7Edge delay in receiving text messages?
funkyd71

Lately my S7 Edge has a serious delay in receiving texts.  When I turn my phone on after work during the day, my text messages aren't received for several minutes, sometimes over 30 minutes.  I'm using the default Samsung messaging app.  Any ideas?

Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Samsung S7Edge delay in receiving text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

funkyd71, I depend on my text messages as my main communication these days. How long have you been having these kind of issues? Has there been any changes to the device when this started (new app or software update)? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

funkyd71 We don't want you missing any important messages. Let's start our troubleshooting. First step is to put the phone in safe mode. Once in safe mode have someone send you a message to see if you get it right away. Click the link for instructions. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/ 203266 DoloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
funkyd71

I don't think there's been an update in the last few weeks but will check.  With it being a new phone, I've added a few new apps but not sure the timing of this issue and the app install.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's get those messages flowing. Does this only happen at work? What kind of signal are you seeing at work? Are others similarly effected?

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
funkyd71

Seems to have corrected itself?  I power down while at work but when I power back on I have 4-5 bars and the 4g appears.

0 Likes