Why does my WiFi keep disconnecting me all the time?
booboo301980

My WiFi is constantly disconnecting & saying poor internet connection no matter where I am. Even at home I can sit right beside my router & it shuts off. I lose information on games & internet all the time because of this issue.  Please help? I am so frustrated with it!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my WiFi keep disconnecting me all the time? I can't keep a constant signal.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try Settings > Wifi > Settings again (soft key left side of home screen button) Advanced > uncheck Auto Network Switch if checked.  From what I undersand if your phone has this checked then the phone will select the network that has the strongest signal between Verizion and your Wifi signal. 

If this does not work you might experiment with changing your router settings, especially your channel number or the frequency the router uses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does my WiFi keep disconnecting me all the time? I can't keep a constant signal.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try Settings > Wifi > Settings again (soft key left side of home screen button) Advanced > uncheck Auto Network Switch if checked.  From what I undersand if your phone has this checked then the phone will select the network that has the strongest signal between Verizion and your Wifi signal. 

If this does not work you might experiment with changing your router settings, especially your channel number or the frequency the router uses.

0 Likes
booboo301980

Thanks! I am going to try that & see if it works. I will let you know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help your wifi connection become consistent booboo301980! What model device do you have? When did this start? Does it happen in more than one location? Have you tried a soft reset by removing your battery?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ABRASH

Hello

I live in the 91711 area code, and I can't maintain a phone conversation without losing the connection in most parts of the town.  As Verizon fast expands to 5G I would be happy with a consistent form of 3G.  If you can't fix that, I probably will switch providers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, ABRASH. Just to make sure we get all the details to help you, are you having issues with your Wi-Fi connection or your calls?~Sofia

0 Likes