Why does my device keep showing me a "new voicemail" icon when I do not have any?
mad-poe
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some time now I've had my Samsung S3 phone display "New voicemail" icon - there are no new voices messages when i call in.

I'm forced to "Force Stop" the app.  This is only a temporary band-aid.  How can this issue be solved?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VoiceMail Icon Issue - Samsung Galaxy S III
mad-poe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  After posting I cleared the cache  - can't be sure if I'd touch data due to a warning pop up and went online to look at my account.  I had Block Virtual vm ticked off - don't know why that was on but I have not seen the vm icon appear again since doing this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets ensure your device is back running in prime condition, Mad-poe! The force stop is a great way to stop this from appearing but you may need to complete one additional step. This includes clearing data / cache from the app. This will be within the same area of the app manager.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mad-poe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  After posting I cleared the cache  - can't be sure if I'd touch data due to a warning pop up and went online to look at my account.  I had Block Virtual vm ticked off - don't know why that was on but I have not seen the vm icon appear again since doing this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mad-poe

So glad that it is working for you! Thank you for keeping us updated. If you need further assistance please visit our support link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes