Why does my device tell me that activation is incomplete?
sonny688
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my S7 on Friday, March 11th.  I went into one of the corporate Verizon stores and bought it there after having multiple issues with the online order and not receiving the phone when I was supposed to.  The woman at the store activated the phone and transferred all of my info from my S5 to the S7.  However, I still have a notification at the top of the phone that says "Activation Incomplete.  Your phone will try again when you restart."  I can make calls, send texts and access the internet.  It seems like everything is activated correctly but I still have the notification.  I was chatting with a Verizon representative on Saturday to try to resolve the issue and she told me that it would go away in 2-3 days.  That just doesn't seem right.  Anyone else have this issue or know of a way to get rid of the notification?  I also tried restarting the phone several times as well as doing a factory reset.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Activation Incomplete"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s try what wifijay recommended, rotarystyle. Let’s turn off WiFi and turn off your device then power it back on. Please keep us updated.  http://vz.to/1NvKn9Z

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you port your number over from another carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sonny688
Enthusiast - Level 2

No.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and ask them to check your account and possibly even reset your text message feature from their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sonny688
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've contacted them several times and done everything they've asked.  Still the same thing.  The last person I spoke with tonight said that they acknowledge that it is happening to some customers but it isn't a priority at the moment because the phone is still functioning correctly.  Once they sort out some of the other issues with the S7, they will address this issue.  Until then you can go to the store and get another phone or deal with it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a new SIM card first instead replacing the phone.

0 Likes
rotarystyle

this just happened to me today on my S6 which has been activated for for a while now.  It appeared after my 2 year got her hands on it so i'm guessing she changed something?  Maybe this info will give u ideas... i cant get rid of it either =/

0 Likes
wifijay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me today with my S6.  I turned off wifi and then restarted on just the Verizon network and it went away.  We'll see if it comes back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s try what wifijay recommended, rotarystyle. Let’s turn off WiFi and turn off your device then power it back on. Please keep us updated.  http://vz.to/1NvKn9Z

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

FlyersP88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm this worked for me. Activation popped up randomly after having the phone for a year. Turning off WiFi, then restarting cleared the message.