Why doesn't the Google Search Widget work on my Galaxy S4 mini?
MIKEMAZZEI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a samsung s4 mini.  When I try to use the google search I receive a box that says  Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped. I hit O.K. I now must go into Chrome.  Chrome works both on speech an text.  But the google Widget will not search… any suggestions  to fix this?????

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google search Widget does not work on my S4mini
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

From you home screen, hit menu>settings>more>application manager>All tab, scroll down to Google Now (can't access my phone atm, so that name may not be correct), tap it and clear cache and data.  Reboot phone and see if that helps.

BigRedGonzo

View solution in original post

BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

From you home screen, hit menu>settings>more>application manager>All tab, scroll down to Google Now (can't access my phone atm, so that name may not be correct), tap it and clear cache and data.  Reboot phone and see if that helps.

BigRedGonzo

MIKEMAZZEI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Big Red Gonzo.. Many thanks for helping me... I got into my app manager but "Google Now" is not listed!!!!  Only Google Play Store and play services and Movies and TV. I cleared both the cache  and data on all.  I did Chrome as well… I rebooted .. used search ….  google started to search and speak BUT stopped? sometimes it returns me to the main page, sometimes it brings up the box.    Still does not search!!!!  Maybe if I downloaded a fresh widget?  … funny thing... it wants me to speak and it dings but then the dialogue box pops up…… am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

I have 2 Google Search entries in my App Manager listing.  One seems to be for the app and one seems to be the widget.  Try clearing the cache and data on both of those. 

Have you actually set up Google Now?  In your App Drawer, there should be a blue icon with a g in the middle.  Tap that and follow the prompts to set up Google Now.

If none of the above helps, maybe try going back to the App Manager and uninstalling the updates for the app and the widget and then let the Play Store update them again.

Another thought...have you taken the 4.4.2 update yet.  It became available today.  I have done it and had no issues thus far.  That could also possibly fix the issue.

All of the above are things that I would try.  I hope something helps, because I really like the Speak to feature of Google search.

Good Luck,

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
MIKEMAZZEI
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU!!!  SUCCESS  I downloaded goggle now ( rather updated it)  and now it works…  I'm keeping your post just in case this happens again… Many thanks again BIGREDGONZO  the speak feature is excellent… I'll check on 4.4.2 for the update.  Thanks for all the expert help… wish I had your knowledge for this phone...

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MIKEMAZZEI We want to make sure your google search widget is up to par! Can you verify if this is your current software info: Baseband version: I435VRUAMK5, Build Number: JDQ39.I435VRUAMK5. Also, when trying to update the app look for Google Search instead of Google Now. Pleaske keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follwo us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

MIKEMAZZEI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I do have the numbers of the Baseband and Build Number listed below. Thank you for the reply .. everything is working properly at this time.

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it MIKEMAZZEI. Please let us know if you need help in the future.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes