Why don't I get calendar reminder notifications?
tbalanw

When creating a calendar appointment from my S7, my calendar app doesnt default to the 10min notification anymore. After deleting a few notifications it asked me if it should default to no reminder and I said yes. I've reset the app settings in application manager with no luck. Anybody know the fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 calender reminder notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbalanw, thank you for confirming this is the default app. The previous instructions to uninstall and then re-install were mentioned in the event that you had installed a third-party application calendar. Now that we know what we're working with, let's get to the bottom of these reminders.

Please try the following steps and keep us posted with the results.

When you open the Calendar app, please click on the 3 vertical dots in the top-right corner. This will access a drop-down menu and you can choose the Settings option. Now that you're in the Calendar Settings, please click on Set Default Reminders. If you click on Events, you'll have an option to choose 10 min before as a reminder for all future events.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Let's make sure that you are notified properly for your upcoming events, Tbalanw. Just to make sure we are on the same page, is this the default calendar application that comes installed on your device? Please delete the application entirely or uninstall the application updates. Update the application and let us know if it still has issues.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tbalanw

Yes, it is the default android calendar app. It doesn't allow me to delete it since it's a default app. I don't see that I can uninstall updates in the application manager either. Can you walk me through how to delete and reinstall? Or was this recommendation only for a non-default app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbalanw, thank you for confirming this is the default app. The previous instructions to uninstall and then re-install were mentioned in the event that you had installed a third-party application calendar. Now that we know what we're working with, let's get to the bottom of these reminders.

Please try the following steps and keep us posted with the results.

When you open the Calendar app, please click on the 3 vertical dots in the top-right corner. This will access a drop-down menu and you can choose the Settings option. Now that you're in the Calendar Settings, please click on Set Default Reminders. If you click on Events, you'll have an option to choose 10 min before as a reminder for all future events.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tbalanw

Thank you!

0 Likes