Why don't some people receive my group texts?
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, apparently I cannot send mass text messages through Messages+. Whenever I do, it will send to the first person on the list and that's it. I sent a simple text message to two different customers and the second one sat at "sending" for over an hour before I deleted the conversation (since there is no apparent way to stop sending a text when its stuck - I tried for like 20 minutes). This morning I attempted to send an MMS message to three people. The message I got was "sent to some" but it would not show me who. It again only sent to the first person and I had to resend the MMS to the other two individually.

My phone was very recently reset to factory defaults due to some mess with my Network (I kept dropping calls) and I do not know if it worked prior to that or not as I rarely ever send group texts.

How do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Mode: Mass Text Doesnt Send To Everyone
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for trying to help but because the wait time for a reply was getting to be a while, I went ahead and called tech support this morning. The issue has been resolved by force stopping Messages+ and clearing the data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ACWN,
Personally I message more than anything, so I can relate to how important this is to you.
When did this concern begin?
What changes were made to your device before this concern began? (New App? New Software?)
After the factory reset you performed on your device, did the apps reload? Or did you have to re download each and every app back into your device?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I assume its been this way the whole time but I noticed it when I sent one last week. Thursday, I think.

See above. This is only the 2nd time I've used mass texts, so I wouldn't know.

They reloaded on their own.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ACWIN,

I appreciate the details, let's keep digging. Are you able to reply to group messages? What happens when you message the same contacts individually? Do any errors appear at any time during your messaging?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't get group messages, so I don't know. I set the replies to the ones I sent to be individual rather than to the group - I got a single reply from one person just fine and it landed in the current conversation/message/whatever just fine.

My individual messages work fine.

The only errors I get are when I send pictures, but only way after the fact and its only apparently with one contact. Its weird, they will go through and I KNOW they've gone through because most of the time they're work related and I'll get a call from my boss regarding them, so I know he's seen them. But then I'll go back a day or two later and suddenly theres the triangle with the exclamation point in it saying they didn't send. However, I don't know if its because I'm having to use Wi-Fi and not my data plan (stupid phone updated something and it sucked up all my data despite me telling it to download over Wi-Fi) and the images cant sync with Verizon cloud or whatever.

Beyond that, everything works like its suppose to.

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for trying to help but because the wait time for a reply was getting to be a while, I went ahead and called tech support this morning. The issue has been resolved by force stopping Messages+ and clearing the data.

0 Likes