Why has my voice mail stopped working after an update?
KrnG

My voice mail has not worked right since system update.  I called Verizon once and thought we had it figured out but it is still doing.  It takes hours before any voice mails show up and I get an error code.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail problems since system update
Hutch783
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I fixed that voicemail thing error code 9007

Go to setting applications, applications manager, top right click more than first option  show system apps scroll down to voicemail. Force stop, confirm, than data clear data confirm. Power phone off turn phone on call yourself and leave yourself a voicemail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristyR3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was getting error code 9007.  Here is the fix it used and haven't had any problems since...maybe it will help.

Go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.”

Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze.

Source:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2...

SherriT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue, I've applied your fix. We shall see...

0 Likes
Hutch783
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I fixed that voicemail thing error code 9007

Go to setting applications, applications manager, top right click more than first option  show system apps scroll down to voicemail. Force stop, confirm, than data clear data confirm. Power phone off turn phone on call yourself and leave yourself a voicemail.

0 Likes
Re: Why has my voice mail stopped working after an update?
JN81621
Enthusiast - Level 1

My voice mail has stopped working suddenly. Try to get help, and I get no help. Just keep passing me along.  My bill is always different. Verizon is NOT the same Verizon,I signed up with,over 20 years ago.  I'm sick of ALL the broken agreement's. Cannot get help, to fix anything,or a why is my bill getting higher and higher.  I'm so over this company.  You really get better service, with other companies out here in the world.  Verizon is just costly, and I see nothing special about Verizon anymore. The help, terrible and I find rude.  Soon as I am able, I'm gone.  I Know too many people that have shown me their bill's from other places, and it never changes, and it's a lot less money and you truly get unlimited service,nothing hidden, no surprise's.  This probably is illegal, and I am going to look into it, deeper.  BBB, said they have received many compliant's, like mine and worse.  There is no help, like you once received. Move on people, it's your money and basically Verizon is stealing it. Shop around...

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to learn of your experience, JN81621. We certainly want to help address any broken agreement, as well as your voice mail. 

We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can get more information from you and assist you with all of your concerns.

-Steven

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not the experience we want you to have. We always want you to have excellent overall service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes